Saturday, November 19, 2011

If a online status in address book shows thier online but you can't im him what does it mean?

in my address book it showed a yellow face and on his profile it said online i could not im my contact it said he appears offline and will recieve my messeges when he sighs in does that mean hes invisable to me but online to who he chooses my messenger says he appears offline and will recieve my messeges after he signs in what does it mean is he relly offline

If a online status in address book shows thier online but you can't im him what does it mean?
Your friend has you 'stealthed' on his Messenger List.. He is actually 'online' but he has set his 'Stealth Settings' to be 'invisible' to you.





That's why you see his id in your Address Book with the yellow smiley face.





This is true in my case also. I am on 'invisible' status on my Yahoo Messenger, but I am showing 'online' on my Yahoo Answers Profile and on my Yahoo Profile.





These are ways of finding the real online status of a person, without the aid of software programs to check it.
Reply:Yahoo Messenger shows you who is running Yahoo Messenger and chooses to show themselves as being online. If you look at their online profile, you may see that they appear to be online, while YM says that they are not.





It is possible that they are online (signed into Yahoo), but not currently running Messenger. They also could be running YM, but just using invisible mode. This would give you the same "later dude" response.





Most likely, they are reading mail, but YM is not active on their machine.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment